As Sheldon’s student and staff population has grown we have reached a point where we can no longer support an open parking lot with unrestricted parking. As a result of the increase in the number of cars we now have a restricted and monitored parking procedure. The major features are as follows:
- Parking will be limited to staff and students who are seniors, juniors and approved sophomores.
- No freshman parking will be permitted.
- Permits will cost $50.00 for the year (equal to about $5.00 per month) and will be non–refundable. Cost reduced each trimester. See the Finance Office to purchase.
- Spaces will be reserved for visitor parking and volunteers will receive special parking permits and will park in spaces marked for staff members.
- Using someone else’s parking permit is prohibited. Rules and Regulations
Rules and Regulations
In order for us to maintain a safe environment for both drivers and pedestrians we will have regulations governing the use of motor vehicles on campus. A summary of these is included below. These will be agreed to as a condition for all drivers use of Sheldon’s parking lots. A complete list of rights and responsibilities will be provided with each parking permit issued.
- Cars may be parked in marked spaces only.
- Parking in staff, visitor or KRVM spaces, yellow curb zones, fire lanes or fire hydrant zones may result in citations with fines and/or cars being towed at the owners expense.
- Parking lot speed limit is 5mph.
- Reckless driving is prohibited at all times. Squealing of tires, exiting unsafely into traffic, excessive speed or other unsafe practices will be considered as reckless driving.
- Parking on campus without a permit is prohibited and will result in a citation with a fine. Permits must be displayed in your vehicle at all times.
- Loitering in or around vehicles is prohibited. Cars are for transportation to and from school.
- Holding a permit does not reserve a particular space. All spaces are accessed on a space available basis. Permit sales are limited and should ensure that a space will be available for each permit holder.
- A permit may be revoked as a result of violating the rules governing driving and parking on campus.
- Please drive safely. Driving to school and parking on campus is not a right it is a privilege.
- It is your responsibility to immediately report a change in vehicle to the finance office in order for us to maintain accurate records related to your driving privileges.
- Vehicles are not to be driven during emergency drills.