As Sheldon’s student and staff population has grown we have reached a point where we cannot support an open parking lot with unrestricted parking. As a result of this increase in the number of drivers and cars, we now have a restricted and monitored parking procedure. The major features are as follows:
- Priority will be given to staff and students who are seniors and juniors.
- If you are a junior or senior and intend to drive during the school year, we recommend you purchase your pass at the beginning of the school year.
- Beginning October 1, 2017, if there are still passes available, licensed sophomores will have the ability to purchase a pass.
- Once passes are sold-out no additional passes will be made available, regardless of your grade. Alternate plans for transportation and parking must be made.
- Permits will cost $50 for the year, regardless of the date of purchase.
- There will be no discount for lost passes. Replacement passes will be charged at face value.
- Visitor spaces are marked and reserved for short term use only and not by students.
- Maximum number of passes sold per household: 2.
In order for us to maintain a safe environment for both drivers and pedestrians we will have regulations governing the use of motor vehicles on campus. A summary of these is included below. These will be agreed to as a condition for all drivers’ use of Sheldon’s parking lots.
Regulations: RULES ENFORCED AT ALL HOURS
- Permits are required to park on campus. Violators will be ticketed.
- Permits must be displayed at ALL times. They MUST be hung from the rearview mirror. It is not acceptable to have them on the dash board.
- Student Cars must be parked in unmarked spaces ONLY- these are designated student spots! Parking in staff, visitor, KRVM or handicapped spaces, yellow curb zones, fire lanes or fire hydrant zones will result in citations with fines and/or cars being towed at the owner’s expense.
- Holding a permit does not reserve a space. All spaces are accessed on a space available basis. Permit sales are limited.
- Parking lot speed is 5 mph.
- Reckless driving is prohibited at all times. Squealing of tires, exiting unsafely into traffic, excessive speed or other unsafe practices is considered reckless driving. Violators may be ticketed and/or privileges revoked!
- A permit may be revoked, without refund, for the remainder of the year, as a result of violating the rules governing driving and parking on campus.
- Loitering in or around vehicles is prohibited
- Vehicles are not to be driven during emergency drills
- In order to maintain accurate records, it is the student driver’s responsibility to immediately report any vehicle change information to the finance office.
- Permits may be purchased by seniors and juniors at your designated Registration time on August 29, 2017.
- Provide driver’s license and the following car information: Make and model of car and license plate information.
- Complete application and sign as noted.
- Beginning November 1, 2017 if permits are still available, licensed sophomores may purchase a pass.
- All permits are $50 regardless of the date of purchase. This fee must be paid at application.
- It is the student’s responsibility to follow ALL of these steps to complete the permit purchase process.
- Following Registration, permits will be made available through the finance office. Once these permits are sold out, students will need to make alternate plans to get to school.
Please drive safely. Driving to school and parking on campus is not a GUARANTEED right it is a PRIVILEGE!